Thursday 28 April 2011

My Poster



This is my final film poster. I took 4 seperate photos and arranged them together using the fireworks software. I took a photo of the sky and altered the brightness levels to make the colours stand out more, to make it have a bolder appearance. I did the same with the picture of the grass along the bottom. I didn't simply use the grass from the photos of the gril because I wanted it to look almost artificial and surreal. I darkened the colour and cut it out. With the picture of the girl, I lightened the picture to make her look exposed with high key lighting and then smudged her around the edges to make her look almost ghostly, which is significant to my film. The "PIG" letters' colours were not altered at all, instead I changed the lighting in the room to get the desired effect. I cut out each letter individually so that I could move each letter seperately as I did not want them to sit in a straight line. I created the certificate rating on fireworks making a simple red circle with "15" written in it. I put my tag line in the appropriate place so that it was symmetrical. I then tried to recreate a similar font to other film posters for the bottom text which states the director etc. I wanted a simple font for the "Starring..." part as there are a lot of colours on the poster and I didn't want it to look overdone. I chose a simple white for the colour so not to distract from the main subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment